Prepare your boat in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin before the start of the race in Cowes.
For this 2023 edition, the port of Cherbourg offers to welcome you in Normandy to prepare your boat for the race.
You are welcome from 17th July to 30th July 2023.
A WELCOME PORT FOR THE PREVIEW OF THE ROLEX FASTNET RACE 2023
Chantereyne harbour offers many advantages to help you prepare for the race :
- 24-hour access, without tidal constraints
- Port protected by the largest artificial harbour in Europe
- Multiple port services available
- Professionals at your service
- Free berth from 17 to 30 July 2023 inclusive.
- A " Pavillion bleu" port, exemplary in terms of environmental management and sustainable tourism.
WHAT ARE THE PORT'S PREVIEW SERVICES ?
The port offers a wide range of services and facilities :
- Drinking water on the pontoons.
- Electricity (220 V/6-10-16 A) on the pontoons.
- Fuel station available 24 hours a day
- Wi-Fi on the pontoons and in the harbour office lobby with free access
- Sanitary facilities
- Automatic laundry
- Provisioning trolleys
- Bicycle hire
- Weather forecasting
- Lifting service for boats up to 40t and careening areas
- Boat lift for boats over 40t and multihulls available on the Mielles quay - 2km
- Free access to the slipway
- Mail & Parcels
- Delivery of groceries in the port
PROFESSIONALS TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS :
The professionals of Cherbourg-en-Cotentin and Normandy have many recognised skills in the field of design, construction and preparation of racing boats.
On site and in the surrounding area, you will find all the nautical know-how to meet your needs before and after the race.
They are at your service to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact them according to your needs.
WHAT PRICE ?
The organisation offers a FREE offer for participants in the race during the opening period from the preview to the closing of the village :
- from 17 July to 30 July inclusive : free of charge (paid by the organisation)
- from 10 to 16 July inclusive : 20% discount on the port visitor rate.
ONE MORE OPPORTUNITY TO CELEBRATE SAILING IN NORMANDY
The Chantereyne port welcomes you to finalise your preparations and enjoy the festivities before crossing the channel.
On the occasion of the preview, the organising team would like to honour the sailors present in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin and wish them GOOD WIND for the race during a great festive evening.
A crew presentation evening open to the public on Thursday 20th July will highlight the sailors who will be setting off on this 50th edition of the Rolex Fastnet Race. This pre-start party offers the public a unique opportunity to admire the boats and meet the sailors.
HOW TO REGISTER ?
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about this pre-departure week, please send your request by email :